Sunday, March 15, 2009

Keith D McHeffey 3 Mile Run




This is my first post to my new Blog. Today was race 12, Keith D McHeffey 3 mile run in Sea Bright, NJ. I have been doing this race for the last 8 years. I consider it the unofficial start of the Jersey Shore racing season. Bob's 50 @ 50 had the biggest turnout of runners to date. Taugh Lynch was there with his wife Durie along with Ceceilia the youngest of their six children. Taugh pushed Ceceilia in the jogging stroller through the crowd. Taugh is one of my closest running friends going back to our Bankers Trust days. Brennan Davis, Jim Dengler (24:55), his wife Anne (25:02)and daughter MaryKate (24:55) were also there. Brennan & Jim I know from my Securities Lending days. The "Total Package", Tom Ryan (28:24) was also there. Tommy and I worked together at BT and DB. Senator" Ken Vercammen also joined me although he didn't run due to a nagging hamstring injury, but he did bike to the start from his home in South Brunswick. My two special friends Katie (45:36) & Sean Brady (32:55) joined me as well. Our daughters are best friends and it was great to see them enjoy the day. Weather was supposed to be 57 and sunny but we saw none of that today. Although there was no wind, it remained chilly. It was perfect for running but not for drinking at the outdoor patio at the Mad Hatter which was down the road from the finish. I (26:35) paced Durie who was hoping to break 24 minutes but we finished just north of 26 minutes. Once again this course wasn't accurate, but it wasn't about racing today, more about getting together. Well, 12 races down and only 38 to go. My body is holding up well and I am looking forward to another double next weekend in Virginia Beach. I am hoping to meet up with some runners from the Raritan Valley Road Runners Club. It should be fun. Until next time, get out there and get that heart pumping.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know some people are soooooo dedicated. Have fun with the rest of the races.

    ReplyDelete