Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 5K

Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 5K was race #15 and was the last race of the first quarter (wall street lingo) of Bob's 50 @ 50. At this pace, I will run 60 races but won't, but it does give me a little room for rest during the summer months if I want.


This was the inaugural for this race and drew close to 250 runners which is a great number for a first time race and this was with an overcast rainy morning.

Briana Jackucewicz, along with Morgan Clark, Nicole Lupo, Courtney Joline, Travey Vill and Chelsea Hancock were the co-race directors. They are all seniors at Colt's Neck High School and put this race on as a Service Learning Project which is a requirement for all seniors. Their goal besides putting on a great race was to raise awareness within the community the importance of safe driving where kids are playing.


I ran with Taugh Lynch today. He ran a solid 21:39 and was first in his age group and I ran a 19:58 which was good for 2nd in my age group and 20th overall. I was extremely happy to break 20 minutes again but wasn't sure if I could do it today. I ran an 8 mile training run yesterday so I was happy my legs responded. My splits were 6:24 (HR 150), 6:35 (HR 161), 6:18 (HR 164) and I really pushed it the last mile. I am thinking I can go 19:25 before the years is out.

Next week I have another 5K in New Hope. I don't mind running the 5K's but like the longer distances. They don't put me in oxygen debt as much.

I have only 5 races scheduled for April, but one is my first relay which I am looking forward to. Taugh, Dale Hoth, John Liptak and Ken White will be joining me at the Jersey Shore relay marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment