Monday, March 16, 2009

Morristown St. Patty's 5K


19:53 - Under 20 for a 5K for the first time in years. I ran solo today as I couldn't persuade anyone to join me. That's ok, there will be a big crowd tomorrow at the KDM 3 mile run in Sea Bright. Over 1200 runners showed up for this race. I planned to go hard from the start, but I heard about this hill at mile 2 so I was thinking maybe I should pull back. After going thru the first mile in 6:24, I thought, just keep pushing. When I hit this hill, I felt like I wasn't even moving, but I was passing people. Mile 3 was all downhill so that made up for mile two. I didn't finish in the top ten in my age group of 50-59 which is amazing. Hey folks, people are out there keeping in shape. Maybe you should also. Invest in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment