Sunday, September 6, 2009

Race #42 - Jimmy D 5K















The Jimmy D 5K is only 5 years old but this race gets a huge turnout, mainly because its a tribute to Fire Chief Jimmy D'heron and the hard work of his daughter Erin. Mr D'heron died fighting a fire five years ago and his daughter Erin works tirelessly to honor his memory. I never met the fire chief but he must have been a great man by the turnout of runners and volunteers.


It was a perfect day for a morning run, with temps in the high 60's. This was a huge change from my last few races which have been in heat and humidity of the summer. Most folks the last few days have been a little down because summer is coming to an end but I bet most runners don't mind. We get to run again in the cooler weather.









Today I ran 20:04 and was able to keep a good pace for the 3.1 miles. If it wasn't for me snapping a few pics along the course and the last hill, I would have gone sub 20. My first mile was 6:21 and I hit mile 2 in 12:50. I was happy with the time and now look forward to the fall running season. This course has sneaky hills and a quick finish on the track which I like because I also feel I have some speed left at the end and use the track as motivation.


It was great to see many of my running friends today. I think there must of been about 15 of my running buddies at today's race and many wore the official Bob's 50@50 t-shirt. After the race, I took advantage of the free beer and chatted for about an hour with friends.


I want to thank all who came out today to support Erin and join me in another great race. I don't have a race scheduled for next week but it's the anniversary of 9/11 and I would love to do one.


My next big race is the Philly 1/2 on September 20th.










Keep running and feel great.










No comments:

Post a Comment